In recent years, the usefulness of PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) for soft tissue healing has been published. In the gynecological area, it is used to stimulate vaginal and clitoral rejuvenation to recover its function globally, contributing to improving the patient's self-esteem, as well as improving the sexual experience. In the case of labiaplasty, it is indicated in labia minora hypertrophy. Another non-invasive gynecological aesthetic method is the use of Diode laser because it does not require incisions, it is ambulatory and has a fast recovery. At present there are few studies and literature on the matter. Hence, a clinical study was carried out with 28 patients to determine the effectiveness of the application of PRP in labiaplasty performed with Diodo laser, with patients between 20 and 46 years old, who attended consultations due to discomfort, pain in relationships and low self-esteem. 54% presented grade 3 hypertrophy of the labia minora and the remaining 46% grade 2 hypertrophy. After the application of the treatment, 86% did not present complications, only 14% manifested dehiscence. The recovery period was 5 weeks in 50% of the patients. Obtaining a degree of satisfaction in all patients between 9 to 10. PRP has been gaining relevance among gynecological aesthetic treatments, however, due to its recent use there are still few studies that deepen and corroborate its effectiveness. It is necessary to carry out studies in which the clinical evolution, healing and repair of vaginal tissues are evaluated.

Full document

The PDF file did not load properly or your web browser does not support viewing PDF files. Download directly to your device: Download PDF document
Back to Top

Document information

Published on 03/10/23

Volume Revista Latinoamericana de Ginecología Regenerativa. Volumen 1, número 1, 2023
DOI: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.8197253
Licence: CC BY-NC-SA license

Document Score


Views 0
Recommendations 0

Share this document

claim authorship

Are you one of the authors of this document?